- Online Investors Don’t Need to Be Affected by Every Market Twist and TurnPosted 1 year ago
- Trade with Investment Expertise Using Absolute Wealth’s New ProgramPosted 2 years ago
- Online Investing Program Takes Beginners to Pro Level SuccessPosted 2 years ago
- Stock Markets Don’t Require Luck with the “Trade the Banks” ProgramPosted 2 years ago
- Stock Market Trading Made Easy with “Trade the Banks” from Absolute WealthPosted 2 years ago
- Investment Opportunities Using “Trade the Banks” and Its Advanced IndicatorsPosted 2 years ago
- Investment Help with “Follow the Money,” Absolute Wealth and Guy Cohen’s New Investment ProgramPosted 2 years ago
- Trade the Markets with the “Follow the Money” System from Absolute Wealth and Guy CohenPosted 2 years ago
- Build Investment Wealth by Utilizing “Turnaround Trader”Posted 2 years ago
- “Trade the Banks” is Showing Investors How to Follow the Footprints to Profitable SuccessPosted 2 years ago
John Carter’s father was a Morgan Stanley stock broker. One day during high school, John came home from the mall where he was working at a store making cookies. He had saved up $1000 over the course of a few months, and his dad told him that he and some of his friends were going to buy “some call options on Intel” the next day. Although he had no idea what they were talking about, it sounded good. He bought 10 call options at 75 cents, and sold them a few days later for $1.50, doubling his money. He was hooked and has been trading ever since–going on 20 years now.
After high school, John studied abroad in Cambridge, England, then graduated from the University of Texas in Austin with degrees in History and Economics. After college he worked as a financial analyst in the retail sector.
John was never that intrigued by the brokerage side of the trading world. Instead, he liked to try and test various online trading strategies through college and well into his corporate jobs. He became quite adept at making money, though there were times when holding onto it turned out to be a problem. The road was not always easy and John learned his lessons the hard way like many traders out there. If you’ve seen him speak at the Money Show or Traders Expos, then you’ve probably heard the story about “the house in Minnesota” which still makes him squirm just to talk about it and relive it to this day. After that experience, he came across Mark Douglas’s book, “The Disciplined Trader” and that helped to push him on the road to consistency.
John Carter eventually found a trading system he was satisfied with. He left corporate America to pursue full-time professional trading in 1998. After a few years of trading on his own, he eventually grew tired of day trading by himself in his office and chatting with his Arrowana (a large fish). He started to seek out other traders and post information online, which led to the launch of TradeTheMarkets.com, as well as a Commodity Trading Advisor through Razor Trading.
In 2006 McGraw Hill published his book, Mastering the Trade, which has been a best seller in its niche since its release. When not trading, he enjoys spending time with his three children, tending to the goats and llamas at his ranch in the Texas Hill Country, and raising money for the charity Dreams for Kids, of which he is an executive board member. He is also a founding member of Maverick Business Adventures, which has the aim of training over 100,000 young entrepreneurs by 2020. Events and training have been held at Richard Branson’s Necker Island, as well as schools from Reykjavik to Johannesburg. In 2008 Carter launched a program that teaches inner city children how to trade currencies.